Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Studio - Clean for a Day!!

Today I cleaned up my studio because yarn was everywhere! Believe it or not, I am organized. However, if I move something to a new location, I generally can't find it the next time I need it. So, nothing gets moved just tidied. Paints, dyes, stamps, and related supplies, as well as my stand alone embroidery machines, are downstairs. I have several steel shelves that hold all the supplies.

I didn't include photos of my Singer Serger, portable Janome and Janome Cover Stitch Machine. These I take out when needed.

All my supplies are stored in plastic containers to contain any possible scent that might be on them. Our house is as scent free as it can be due to health issues.

Have a look around my studio space:


Embellisher / Felting Machine

My Workhorse! I do all my free-motion stitching on this one.


Plastic Scrapbook Cases
from Michael's


My Library
 
Holds supplies

Drafting Table

Inside the large white cabinet.

8 comments:

  1. That's impressive!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ariadne. I usually have to clean up periodically or I'll never find a thing. During the cleanup, a silver chain bracelet went missing. I haven't the energy to search through those bins at the moment. I noticed it missing last evening when I was taking off my jewellery so it might be anywhere!

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy, I'm curious about the Janome that you call your workhorse that you do all your free motion on. What is the model! Please. I'm looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The model is 1600P Janome is a semi professional sewing machine. It only does straight stitch but does it lovely. Three speeds, easy to wind bobbin. Has a knee lift for the foot, and needle up or down. I'm pleased with its capabilities. Very nice free motion by adjusting the tension on the foot. No need to lower the feed dogs as you have to do for most machines.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tour! It was great fun to peek at where your creativity happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour. I have the Pfaff Grand Quilter. It's body is the Janome 1600. I love it. I had to buy Janome accessory feet for it.

    ReplyDelete