Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Curry Chicken

I have another lovely quilt to show you. Not mine but one my sister did as a gift for a niece who just moved into her new house. This one is called "Curry Chicken"! Don't you just love the name. Joan used Kona cotton in white and curry. To pick up the gorgeous chicken colours, she bound it in blue and backed with teal and pumpkin.

I think this is another way to highlight a piece of unusual fabric and no points to match either!
Also check out a previous post of Joan's quilts. Modern Quilting!!




14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and yes, I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it so much! Awesome quilting too! I am using Curry in a quilt for my niece too. It is such a gorgeous shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! The curry isn't usually my colour but it works well with teals, blues and reds.

      Delete
  3. Excellent name, Judy! It's a gorgeous quilt. Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! It's a nice way to use few fabrics and highlight one in particular.

      Delete
  4. Fun quilt! I like the chickens and also the teal (?) backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a fun quilt. The back is teal. One of my friends commented about using fruit, flowers or any theme fabric.

      Delete
  5. Very nice, a great and modern way to show off that nice print. And can I hire your sister to name my quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Regina! Naming quilts is a difficult job! Fun names are great.

      Delete
  6. Love the name, love chickens, love the quilting, love the back, a great quilt all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edith. I'm sure my sister will appreciate your comment - I do!

      Delete