Sunday, September 20, 2015

Crazy Quilting

Today is devoted to Crazy Quilting. Why? Well, the Eastern Edge Quilt Guild's program for part of this year is about Crazy Quilting. We were given a block pattern, which we can use or make up one of our own, and asked to make a block. Then for the next few months, one of our members (a good friend of mine) will be demonstrating a different stitch to use for the different seams in the block.

I found this interesting quilt on Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting. Scroll down through a bunch of lovely quilts from the 2013 International Quilt Festival, Chicago, to see it.

Crazy Quilting Canada

I have a list of blogs to check about crazy quilting but first a couple about the history of this quilting technique:
Blogs to check:
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I was happily scrolling down and clicking on the links and being mesmerized by all the crazy quilt information and sites and obviously not paying real attention to what I was clicking on and suddenly realized I'd found....ME!!! I about fell off my chair in surprise! Thank you Judy - what an honour to be included in your list. It's bedtime here so I'll be back tomorrow to have a better look at the sites. (btw - two of the links under Pinterest seem to go to the same board? Not sure you meant it that way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd surprise you! Glad you like the link back to you. Thanks for seeing my two same links - much appreciated. It's fixed! Good think someone is watching out for me (grin)

      Delete