I'm having a stay at home day (in the motor home that is). My granddaughter, Gale, is a bit under the weather and just wants to lie around but I'll bet she'll be at my side when I take out some stitching. A couple days ago she asked to work on her rainbow stitching. This project was her own idea. The rainbow is straight not curved as she told me it was her own 'design'. Yes, she used that word! She also has a specific order for the colours. Her other comment, 'Grandma, isn't this so relaxing!' Her mom said that she likes the process of creating. In any case, she likes all things related to fibre and textiles.
I will show you her work when it's finished. Bet you can't guess I'm a proud grandma (GRIN)!
Here's a few sites to visit:
- Snow flake / flower patterns for stitching at Magpie's Mumblings (check back a few posts for others). Also lots of crazy stitching as well
- The Basics of Thread Weights from The Sewing Loft
- Pinterest: Craft: Hand Stitching
- 10 Picnic Items to Sew at A Sewing Journal
- Crazy Mom Quilts: Finish It Up Friday (lots to check out)