Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Modern Folk Embroidery

Here's another new book added to my collection. The photos are beautiful and the designs can be found in folk art but with a modern twist. I've been following Nancy Nicholson's embroidery for awhile. I like her distinctive style, which 'draws on influences from Scandinavia and the Far East'. She uses a variety of stitches to create 30 interesting projects.

Each project is provided with embroidery suggestions which show the stitches used. There are pages of stitch combinations to explore in a variety of ways.


Links related to Folk Art:
Enjoy!         

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear - another book to add to my list to get from the library. Sometimes I think I'm their best customer! Great links again - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one to add to my wishlist, too. Love the Folk Art links. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete