Sunday, August 2, 2015

Out to Lunch!

I went to lunch in Wolfville on Saturday with multi-media artist, Kate Madeloso. Kate's preferred medium is textile. We discovered that we both have the same passion for working in this medium. However, we have branched out into entirely different directions.

It was Kate who took me to the yarn shop that I wrote about in my previous post. We had a great day.
Please check out her art on her blog.

While having lunch, I noticed a dragon fly in distress beside our table. It was trying desperately to get outside but the window prevented this from happening. Our friendly waiter saved the day by getting the little creature onto a flat surface, put a cup over it and took it outside where it flew away.

Here it is. Notice the detail in the wings that I managed to capture. Quite amazing!!! Maybe this will be a future embroidery piece? Stump work? Who knows!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day for sure! I love Wolfville. You have such a creative eye to see a stitchery in the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm playing catch up answering comments on the blog. I can see free motion stitching in the wings.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun day , I too love Wolfville . Must check out Kates blog . I love dragonflies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Sheila. Wolfville is a lovely town. Kate and I had a great day together.

      Delete
  3. I would love to stitch that dragonfly. Their wings are so incredible...great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with the photo as it did give a great close up of the wings.

      Delete
  4. How interesting, I see a free motion quilting pattern in those wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Heather. I was lucky to get such a great close up.

      Delete