Monday, August 3, 2015

Latest Purchases

I did purchase some wool roving and embroidery supplies at Gaspereau Valley Fibres on Saturday.
 
The cone is 100% cotton that I want to dye using my Intense Color Blocks. I will paint them with a brush, let the fibres dry, then heat set with an iron.
 
The gold and turquoise fibres on the bottom of the photo are root sizing 100 % silk that has also been hand dyed. I would have loved to get the undyed silk so that I could colour it myself.
 
Of course, I couldn't pass up the wool roving. The cone contains some curly roving.
 
Don't you just love the Unicorn Tails! These South African wools were hand dyed in Texas. 
 
I can't wait to use these in some art projects.
 
The card with the lamb will be mailed to my granddaughter with a printed message from me.







2 comments:

  1. Looks like some great purchases - so colourful, which can't help but be inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Great purchases. The card was sent to my granddaughter a few day ago. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete