Sunday, August 23, 2015

Birthdays

My sister always surprises me on my birthday! This year, she presented me with this fantastic tree skirt. She saw a quilt with trees on it that she liked and decided to design her own quilted tree skirt. Joan had reds and greens left over from the quilt she gave me last Christmas and decided to make the skirt to match it. You can see the quilt HERE

The tree skirt that I use was made years ago from a pre-printed panel from Fabricville. All I had to do was stitch two half circles together, add batting and a back, then quilt it. No imagination for that at all.

Here's my new tree skirt made with batiks. Thanks, Joan!


Quilt and tree skirt


New skirt!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your sister is so talented! Both tree skirt and quilt are beautiful!
    Happy belated birthday?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I wish I had a sister like yours (actually I wish I had a sister of any kind...brother too....I'm an 'only'). Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters are great! However, a good friend can be just like a sister.

      Delete