Monday, May 3, 2010

Books

I just love Books and I have lots of them! I retired from teaching in 1997 and have been collecting an assortment of textile related books ever since. For some reason, Asian designs have always intrigued me. Here's some from my collection. I turned the photo on its edge to make it easier to read the titles.

I have a small collection of Japanese fabrics too. About 50 - 70 pieces (fat quarters & smaller) was inherited from an older lady friend who passed away a few years ago.

I found a few Asian things you might be interested in:
Check out the Chinese Lantern Quilt Block 
Japanese Fans by Marsha Evans Moore
Expedition Asian Wall Hanging  
Asian Fan Placemat  
Studio Aika  has lots of interesting information about Sashiko. Check out the Sashiko tutorials.
If you want to get started stitching Sashiko, I recommend Susan Briscoe's The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook. Susan also blogs about Sashiko and other stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment