Sunday, May 2, 2010

Work in Progress

This year I've had a difficult time getting my head around doing any new work. Life takes over sometimes. Well, I finally started to get my act together and started something new. This is just a small tidbit of the textile piece I'm doing of St. John's, NL. I don't have all the detail in this part yet as there are no chimneys shown and the clapboard on the pink house still has to be done. If you look carefully, you'll see a blue stick pin holding a bush in place. These pieces haven't been sewn down yet.
In case you don't know, St. John's is well known for its colourful houses especially in the downtown section. Since we have a lot of rain, drizzle and fog, it's rather nice to see bright colours in the architecture around the city. It can be so inspiring.
Check out the colourful row houses.
Artist Katherine Munro has painted row houses on silk.
I also found me on the QNN tv website while looking for row houses. Where they got this stuff is a mystery but it's nice to see it there anyway!
There are lots of images including row houses here. This is the result of a search I did on the Bing search engine.
I'll keep you posted on my progress with the St. John's piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment