Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Needle 'n Thread

I've been asked how I keep coming up with something to post everyday. It amazes me too but something seems to always happen to trigger an idea. Today, my friend, Marilyn, sent me a link that her sister sent her and now I can share it with you, too. It is Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread.  This site has over 50 video tutorials on learning to do all kinds of stitches, knots, fill stitches and more. The tips & techniques section has a wealth of information for all levels of embroiderers. And yes, there are free hand embroidery patterns.

Here is a piece of hand embroidery I did in 2007. Theodora is stitched using one strand of silk thread on a silk background. Needless to say, it took quite a long time to do it. It was part of a three year hand embroidery course.

No comments:

Post a Comment