Saturday, April 11, 2015

Hand Embroidery Extradionaire!

How many of you are interested in embroidery? I just found the website of Michele Carragher who is a London based hand embroiderer and illustrator. She has been working in costume for the film and television industry for 15 years. Some of the shows she has worked on include Game of Thrones, the mini series, Elizabeth 1, Prince of Persia and Stardust.

I have spent quite awhile looking through her website. The embroidery designs are incredible! Such awesome work. It is well worth a look. Michele Carragher Website

Here's a couple of video clips of her work:  Grassopher, Making Embroidery

I also found more interesting sites with her work highlighted:
Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I've seen her work online before and was utterly amazed. I can't even begin to imagine the hours of work that she puts into each piece. I'm hoping that someday she comes out with a book filled with pictures of her work because I'd be right in line to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link! Discovered you and another great inspirational textile artist!!!

    ReplyDelete