Thursday, May 7, 2015

Step One!!

Today I got started on dyeing cheese cloth for my next project. Because of interruptions, the only colour I managed to do, was gray. Tomorrow, I will mix up rust, a variety of browns as well as green. Years ago, I discovered that cheese cloth made fantastic texture for rocks and cliffs. I will also dye some floss. The leftover dyes from today's work are saved in case I need more gray dyed fabric.

Check HERE, HERE & HERE for posts talking about dyed cheese cloth and other cottons.

Here's today's accomplishment:

A bolt of cheese cloth

Leftover cheese cloth from a previous project


Today's work!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read about dyeing cheesecloth and to look back at the previous posts to see how you use it. Seeing 'Quidi Vidi' now makes me look forward to seeing what you plan to do with this dyeing session.

    ReplyDelete