Saturday, April 7, 2012

Finished Work

The production work I was doing a few days ago is finished. I have been making these 'Holders', which can be used to carry credit cards / business cards / gift cards / jewellery, for a number of years. They are perfect for taking on cruises as you can put them in a pocket. No one wants to take a purse everywhere they go when on a ship (or so I've been told) so these are perfect. I had a special request last year to put a cord on one so that it could be worn around the neck.

These holders are made from lots of glittery fabrics, yarns and threads. I make a base fabric a little bigger than what's needed. This base is stitched with Sulky Sliver threads. I cut my pattern from this stitched piece. Velcro is used to fasten the flap. A label with my name on it is sewn to the inside. I will write about labels on another day. Each 'holder' is numbered and one-of-a-kind. So if you have one of these pieces, you actually have a little piece of original art. No two are ever the same.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. Perfect for those times when you don't want to carry a purse.

    ReplyDelete