Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book Covers

The last couple of days, I've been making new book covers for Devon House Craft Shop. (See them below). I use mainly batiks as they have such vibrant colours. With Totally Stable stabilizer / interfacing ironed onto the back, this fabric takes well to free motion stitching. The fish, flowers and puffin are from my machine embroidery collection (original designs). These designs are part of my wearable art pieces.

Here are a few links to tutorials for other journal / book covers:
Sewing Crafts
Craft Passion
Sew Mama Sew
Bloom and Blossom
Moda Bake Shop
Threaded Mess
BluDor Magazine (nice gift for a child)
Field Trips in Fiber

For links to other references for book covers on my blog, go HERE and HERE



1 comment:

  1. Your book covers are lovely. I made quite some binder covers for my kids so they wouldn't chuck their "old" binders out after every school year, but of course nothing so fancy.
    Now I need a cover for my journal, and you have given me ideas.....

    ReplyDelete