Sunday, November 8, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom

My mother was 94 years old today. So this post is about birthdays!

When we were growing up, it was the tradition for mom to bake a fruitcake for all birthdays and Christmas. Usually it was her dark fruitcake recipe which was the favorite of everyone.  I made a light fruitcake this year due to time! After the Christmas Craft Fair, I will get into holiday baking!

Here are a few links with sewing projects to make for birthday gifts:
Light Fruitcake for mom's birthday

Flowers from her grandson who lives far away!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your MOM!! 94 is not that uncommon any more. I LOVE fruitcake. I am the only person I know that loves fruitcake. I have a recipe that has lots of fruit and very little cake. I think it's called Texas Fruitcake. If I make it, I eat the whole thing all by myself. Not all at once, but almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We all love fruitcake. Your recipe sounds good!

      Delete
  2. Although it will be belated now, a very happy birth day to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late to the party, but would like to belatedly wish your Mom a very Happy 94th Birthday, and a splendid year!

    ReplyDelete