Monday, February 24, 2014

Wearable Art Pins

I make one-of-a-kind wearable art pins from textiles and fiber. There is a story about how they started. Several years ago I was wondering what to get my mother for Mother's Day. She kept telling me that at her age (she is now 92), she didn't want anything unless she could eat it or wear it. Well, I pondered over that for a few days. She has collected brooches / pins for years and liked wearing them. At the time, I was making fantasy fish for some small framed art pieces. I looked at the ones I had made and decided that one of them could be a pin. Voila! I used recycled leather for the back. She loved the one I made and since then, many different kinds have been designed and created for the retail market. Here's a sample of my pins:



I also came across a wonderful collection of art pins from the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria 2013 Brooch Show.  These are well worth a look.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment