Monday, October 29, 2012

More Work in Progress

I've been keeping busy! When I visited the yarn shop, From Ewe to You, in Nova Scotia, I saw a cute baby hat. I bought the pattern and knit this one for baby Emma. I then decided to knit a sweater for my granddaughter, Gale. This one is off to Chicago. I sure hope it fits!

The dyed fabric was used in my latest art piece that I posted about last week. Other finished pieces can be seen on flickr. I will post a photo of the newest piece soon.

I have three fibre lace scarves finished except for the ironing. This photo shows the first one just after it was washed and dried. It still needs ironing and a bit of trimming.

The next piece is an experiment in needle felting. Again, it's not finished. I usually stitch the felt all over with Sulky Sliver threads. This will probably end up as art cards and wearable art pins. Check more needle felting on my blog HERE; HERE; HERE; and HERE.

Last, but not least, I've been working on some 3-D birds. I'm using a pattern from the 2009/2010 International Quilt Festival Magazine, Fabric Birds by Terry Grant. Here is a small art piece with a bird.

Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment