Monday, October 7, 2013

Renske Helmuth - Trunk Show

Last month, the Cabot Quilt Guild had a surprise visitor. Renske Helmuth, Quilt Artist and Teacher was on holiday here in the city. I believe she had been on a teaching tour and stopped off here for awhile. In any event, she had enough of her work with her to have a fabulous trunk show. What an amazing collection of art work. Photos were permitted so here's the ones I managed to get. Please visit her web site for a complete profile on Renske and photos of her work.
Enjoy!













3 comments:

  1. Renske was voted Canadian Quilters Association Teacher of the Year 2012 . She is a fantastic lady! Read more about her by going on the CQA Website , clicking on awards. Thanks for sharing, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise visit for your guild! Love that last quilt with the african theme and african fabrics - I have some of those sitting in my stash and now I think I know how to use them - simple piano keys border on a feature/cheater panel! Thanks for that bit of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't her work marvelous! Such inspiration. I'm glad the photo inspired you to finally use your African fabrics.

    ReplyDelete