Monday, May 13, 2013

Space Oddity

Ever since I was a child, I have been fascinated with outer space. I started a scrapbook with newspaper clippings of those first flights and continued collecting material up to and including the landing on the moon. Even though the scrapbook was put aside, my interest continued. However, it wasn't until Commander Chris Hadfield landed on the space station, that my interest was once again awakened. I have been following his daily postings since they began. Did I mention, he is Canadian and has family living here in Newfoundland?

His posts on face book have captured the interest of the whole world. I thought I would share a video from Digg.Com of Commander Chris Hadfield. The song is an adaption of David Bowie's 'Space Oddity'

Commander Hadfield returns to earth tonight.
Safe trip home.

1 comment:

  1. How moving! He is a unique human being and a special kind of astronaut. Glad to hear he arrived home safely. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete