Sunday, June 8, 2014

Quick Quilted Summer Project!

Just a quick post to share this Quilt As You Go Zipper Pouch from Becky at Patchwork Posse. Sometimes we just need to make a small project and this one seems like a nice one to start with. Check out the other tutorials while visiting this site.

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 8.54.21 AM

My today's project is to work on the Wonky (my term for this) Advent Calendar wall hanging for my granddaughter. I am stitching on the houses. All the chimneys are stitched with satin stitch. Once the houses are attached, I have to free motion the snow along the ground. Still lots left to do. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I started this (GRIN)!!! At the moment, all other projects are on the back burner so I can get the sewing machine stitching completed.

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the bag tutorial. It is very smart! Love the advent calendar you are working on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your houses. It will be fabulous when it is finished, worth all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the advent calendar. It's all the lovely little details you've added that really make it special.

    ReplyDelete