Ever wonder where the tradition of hanging stockings at Christmas originated? A little story about a nobleman and his three daughters is one such theory. Wikipedia also writes about this same story as well as other tid bits of information. Another theory comes from Holland.
Regardless of its origin, children around the world hang stockings on Christmas Eve. Here are a few stockings (some with patterns) that you might like to make over the winter for next Christmas! There is always someone in need of a new stocking.
- Sew an Easy Stocking project from McCall's - free!
- Sleigh Bells Stockings (cute)
- Merry & Bright Christmas Stockings
- Four Christmas Stocking Projects
- Christmas in July - Free Stocking PDF
- Christmas Stockings