In Early December 2020, I finished the embroidery for the Squash Squad nine week challenge with Sue Spargo. Now, I'm on the road to finishing it. I have all the blocks on a black wool background with a three inch border around them. My first step is to stitch them onto the black background. Then a narrow braid / ribbon might be stitched along the seams to hide the edges.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! The blocks were cut at 5 1/2 inches. If I was doing this again, the blocks would have been at least six - six 1/2 inches square, to give enough for trimming them all to the same size. I didn't think about the fact that stitching sometimes distorts the shape just enough to skew some of the blocks. At least that's what happened to mine. In any case, there isn't enough fabric to stitch them together with a seam.
Have a look. I'm using what I have on hand. Which one to use . . .
The first one has silver lines on the ribbon so has a bit of sparkle.
This one has white dots on black.
Maybe I'll even do something else as I haven't considered a final binding yet. (I just thought about the binding).