Today the forecast was for 15 - 20 cm of snow. We got about 6cm and then it turned to rain. I'm good with that as I am not a winter person. Give me warm weather. Anyway, my sister sent me a couple pairs of her knitted mittens and asked me to build her a snowman (she's in Tennessee) wearing a pair of the mitts. Didn't happen!! Sorry Joan. But here are the mittens:
The last time she was here, we went to Annapolis Royal to the summer market. One of the vendors was selling the pattern for mitts with the pointed tops. We tried on a pair and were surprised at how comfortable they were as we always had the rounded top ones that our mother made.
Here are mittens she made for my granddaughter, her great niece. Aren't they gorgeous!
- 36 Free Knit Mitten patterns at All Free Knitting
- Mitten Patterns from Interweave
- Herringbone Mittens (free pattern) from Knitting Patterns Galore
- Mitten Ornaments pattern
- Mittens and Snowflakes Wall Hanging from American Patchwork & Quilting
- Hanging Mittens to Crochet from Highland Hickory Designs