Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!!

If you know me, you know that Halloween just isn't my thing! After spending 30 years as a primary / elementary teacher, all those Halloween parties over the years, was enough!  However, when you move to another province to be close to a granddaughter, things change.

Thursday, I got a call from my daughter inviting themselves to supper on Friday (grin) to do pumpkin carving and a kid sleepover. So, doing my grandma thing, I bought two large pumpkins (not realizing they were coming with four more), a carving set (not from the $ shop) and decorations to enhance the occasion.

Here's the end result:

I did say six pumpkins, well, one of them was a bit tipsy! It's the middle one below, leaning on its buddy!

 
Gale drew this one for me!
She carved out the mouth, as I was told it was more complicated than the eyes! Was she telling me something! HA!!
 
In any event, a grand time was had by all. These carved pumpkins just left here for another home!
 

Enjoy Halloween wherever you are and remember to stay safe!


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween either but I managed to remember to at least send Halloween cards and coloring pages to our grandsons. I leave the pumpkin festivities to our kids now.

    ReplyDelete