Sunday, May 21, 2017

EAC Banquet

Last evening was the closing banquet for the Rock, Needle, Scissors 2017 EAC Seminar. (I would have posted about it last evening but my head cold was really acting up). The meal consisted of salad, roast salmon with rice and vegetables and a rich, creamy, custard crème brûlée with raspberries and cream. Delicious!

As part of the banquet scene, the hosting guild has favors for each guest. Our guild, St. John's Guild of Embroiderers', spent the last two years making cute little pincushion puffins. This particular bird is the national bird of Newfoundland Labrador. Each puffin was hand embroidered and then stitched together. We made over 160 + (I did know the exact number but . .  .)! In any case, they were a hugh hit with everyone. These first two photos were taken a few weeks ago.

Photo courtesy of Mary Pippy
Photo courtesy of Mary Pippy
A bunch from our table
This one is mine!
My embroidery machine made the tags for all the puffins
A few leftover puffins were put on silent auction. For those of you unfamiliar with Newfoundland place names, the names below are actual places.






Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. I know, beyond any doubt, that anyone going home with one of these must have been very happy! They are absolutely adorable. A lot of work to make that many but worth every single moment! So sorry you're 'cold-ish' and hope that it exits quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An army of puffins. Thank you for taking the time to make them, I love mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were 209 of puffins made, I think the whole flock has flown the burrow.....it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puffins were definitely a hit at Seminar. They were unique, special and will be treasured momento of our time in NL. Thank you to all who were magnificant hosts - I had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a very special surprise to open the bag and find this inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed off my puffin today with my stitchery group. They were impressed, i love my puffin. I think i will call him George

    ReplyDelete