Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Happy Canada Day / Memorial Day in Newfoundland



Happy Canada Day!

I would like to extend a Happy Canada Day to all my relatives and friends living outside this wonderful country of ours and to those of us who live here!
Enjoy your day wherever you are.
 
This little wall hanging is from the Spring / Summer 2011 edition of Fons & Porter's Quilting
My home province of Newfoundland, celebrates Canada Day, and the Battle of Beaumount Hamel.
 
On July 1st, the battle of Beaumont Hamel, was fought by the brave soldiers of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. These men followed orders to go over the top at Beaumont Hamel, where the majority of them died or were injured. The Forget-me-not is a symbol of that regiment.
 
I took this photo of forget-me-nots on a walk in Bridgewater, NS, a couple of weeks ago.


Enjoy your day and stay safe in these troubling times.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you and yours too. It's a very different one than we're used to, for sure.

    ReplyDelete