Friday, June 21, 2019

Cloth Book

Since my last post in May (did I say May?? -  time flies when you are having fun), I have been to St. John's, Newfoundland and back.We had a wonderful visit with friends, checked on my mom, spent some time with relatives along the way, met with two of my stitching groups, dropped off some art at the Craft Council of NL shop and at the Newfoundland Weavery and then drove back across the island to catch the Marine Atlantic Ferry. It's good to be back home in Pine Grove, NS.

I did hand deliver a cloth book, made by my sister, Joan, to our mom. The book has a page for each month with all the birthdays written down. The fabrics selected were interesting. In fact, I recognized a couple she found in my stash. Here's an example:


This is mom's birthday. She will be 98 in November!

April was the only month without a birthday listed. Good job, Joan!!

  • Home made cloth activity book HERE  
  • Making a fabric book cover  HERE  
  • Fabric Books and How to Make Them on Pinterest HERE,    
  • Soft Book Tutorial  HERE 
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a fabric book - saw one recently that was made up entirely of embroidery stitch samples and it lit a teeny little flame in my mind which I'm trying hard to tamp down because time is precious. I also like what your sister did for your mom. (oh, and welcome home!)

    ReplyDelete