Saturday, May 26, 2018

Spring Markets & IKEA Purchases

I visited the Dartmouth Makers Spring Market today in (of course) Dartmouth, NS. One of the reasons for checking out the various markets, is to see if they might be a good fit for my art work. Last weekend was the Mahone Bay Etsy Made in Canada Market.  Some of the same vendors were at both. Of course, I chatted to various people, asking questions about the market. I missed out on the Halifax Makers Spring Market as I was busy at that time.

What was interesting: I wore one of my Fibre Art Pendants on both weekends. At each, I had vendors ask where I bought it as it was "so eye catching and interesting".

I think both markets would be interesting to try next year.

IKEA was also on my 'To Do' list today as I wanted to pick up a few more project boxes for my studio. I added these to the few purchased last week:

21" x 14"  I have 3 of these

Same as above but in use with pendants in progress

14" x 10 1/2" These have covers. Two fits on the larger ones

7" x 10 1/4" These fit on top of the 14" x 10 1/2" ones

I have three large ones and two each of the others.

Next: to get into my studio!!! The LED lights, plugs etc were installed yesterday. The ceiling tiles are up in half the room. It's coming along.

1 comment:

  1. Those containers look perfect for so many uses (what would we do without Ikea!!).

    ReplyDelete