Tuesday, June 12, 2018

New Studio

I am in the new studio! HOWEVER - there is still lots to do: baseboard, window to trim and paint, door installed, ceiling tiles in half of the room to go up, plastering and painting the large closet where embroidery machines will go, making of new storage units . . . Shall I go on? No need, you get the idea. The electrician is back again on Friday to connect up the heaters, install three dimmer switches for the three different sections in the room. Until then, there is no point bringing down the sewing machines.

Hand stitching when I feel the need to stitch. Of course, I'm still into Shimmer production.

Here is the almost empty shelf, one of two, that were in the spare bedroom since our move last October. These are temporary as they don't fit into the new colour scheme. They could be painted.

Ready to be shelved!
Desk from IKEA can go to a standing position too.

The far end of the room. Boxes & boxes of stuff to be opened!




Where will these go!!!
In case you didn't notice, there are a number of different paint colours. The intense 'salmon' is taking a bit of getting used to. I asked daughter, Jill, the architect / painter, to select a pallet for me. She asked for some swatches of my favorite fabrics (which happened to be batiks) and went off to the paint shop. She showed me several different colour themes and you can see the ones I picked. Maybe I could have gone with a paler shade of the salmon but I'm waiting until everything is done before making any decisions to repaint. My husband would have been happier with one colour as he had to clean up after each paint change. 

So, I will keep you posted!
Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. I know it's a lot of work to set everything up the way you want it, but it's fun I'm sure. The end is in sight and you will be able to sit down and play all you want!

    ReplyDelete