Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pisci Fantasticus

The last day or so I have been selecting batik fabric and getting it ready to make more 3-D fish. All the ones at Devon House Craft Shop and Gallery sold out for Christmas. That's a good thing! I use all batiks for the fish as I like the tight weave of the cotton as well as the deep, vibrant colours. In preparation for making the fish, I back the fabric with Totally Stable stabilizer. It irons on just like freezer paper (but is not as stiff) and works well for free motion stitching. The next step is to stitch all over the fabric to give it a bit of texture before cutting out the fish shape. The fins will be in a contrasting fabric. To see some finished 3-D fish go here.

















Here are links in my blog to other fish I've done:
The Deep
Applique Patterns
Journal Covers
Tea Cosy

No comments:

Post a Comment