Friday, September 21, 2018

Life in Nova Scotia

I have been living in Nova Scotia one year today. It has been a very interesting, busy year to say the least. The one thing I don't miss, is the weather. CBC did a radio show a few years ago and St. John's was the 3rd windiest city on the planet!  I can believe that. It is so strange, even a year later, to look out at the trees and the leaves hardly move. Last fall, I purchased my first outdoor garment without a hood. In St. John's on most days, you needed a hood! Can you guess - I DON'T LIKE WIND!!!

In any case, we have settled into life on the mainland. Family is 10 minutes away. Life is good.

I joined the Mahone Bay Quilt Guild this month. Of course, Rose, the program coordinator, whom I met at Lynn's Quilting Studio the week before, has already penciled me in to do the March program. She wants me to do a 'show and tell' of my art work. I can do that!

Next week, the guild is having a Quilters' Harvest Quilt Show & Sale. Thursday night is the opening of the show for guild members. I was afraid I was going to miss seeing the quilts, as we are going to Cape Breton that weekend. Hopefully, I'll be permitted to take a few photos to share here on the blog.

Enjoy!
Check out my Instagram page @jctextileart to see some of the things I've been doing. I'm still having issues with transferring photos from phone to computer. Isn't technology grand!

1 comment:

  1. A whole year - already? Wow, it just seems like a few months ago that you were moving. I've rejoined our local quilt guild too so we have that in common!

    ReplyDelete