Thursday, October 26, 2017

Sunday's Class

Here's a few photos of the pendant making class on Sunday. A felting machine was brought to class by one of the students and everyone got a chance to use it. It certainly makes felting go faster than using the one needle. However, if you are only doing occasional projects, a felting machine isn't necessary. Several of the ladies (from both classes) belong to a fibre arts group. Every month they have a challenge to complete. One member of this group felted a background that she was going to use for this month's challenge. I hope I get to see her finished piece.


Free Motion stitching with Sulky Sliver Metallic thread
supply table
 


This is for the fibre group challenge
 Here are a couple of the finished pendants:


Interesting use of free motion stitching

I enjoyed my stay at Espanola and teaching my Fibre Art Pendant class. The ladies were a great bunch to work with. Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that a felting machine is intriguing. So much easier (and faster!) than working with a single needle. Such pretty pendants came out of your class. I'm sure the ladies were pretty happy with their creations.

    ReplyDelete