Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Fantastic Fabrics Short Course

Saturday I will be teaching another session of my Fantastic Fabrics Short Course. This morning was spend getting my handouts in order and taking a look at the things I need to take.

Course summary:

Students will experiment with sheer fabrics and other materials such threads, decorative yarns, sequins, paper and glittery fabrics such as lame, tulle, organza etc., to create their own fantastic fabrics. This playful technique results in a new fabric that can be used in applique, in piecing, as a background fabric or as framed pieces of art. To create this fantastic fabric, students will be using free-motion stitching on their sewing machine.

The focus of the course will be on techniques and procedures.This fun, stress free course usually takes about 5 - 6 hours!

I provide a lot of the 'glitzy' stuff to turn an ordinary piece of fabric into a 'glamorous, run-way' piece!

Here's an evening purse, made in 2007, that was made out of a piece of 'fantastic fabric'. The red and black fluffy piece is a wearable art pin that can be kept on the purse or attached to your outfit. 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun course. I wish I lived closer, I'd be sitting in the front row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh - wishful thinking obviously won't get me to your class....

    ReplyDelete