Sunday, August 21, 2016

Gale's Rainbow

Earlier this summer, Gale, my 5 year old granddaughter, wanted to stitch her own rainbow. She told me it was her 'own design and wasn't curved like a real one'. If you look closely, you will see the faint curve drawn with pencil on the fabric. She didn't like that 'design'.

Her colour selection was determined by her before she began. The 'Rainbow' was finished this week.

I mentioned that a signature would be nice so I went to get a pen. However, that wasn't in the cards as she wanted a stitched name. 'You can do it, Grandma, and I'll watch'. She then wrote her name on paper, selected the colours and matched them up so that I would know which threads to use. Gale sat and watched as each stitch was made.

Plans are to get her first finished piece of stitching framed.

I just noticed that the colours of her name, correspond to the last four colours used in her rainbow!




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing!! Not only the art itself, but the memories you've created, as well as just maybe planting the creative seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at her stitching makes me smile. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete