Friday, August 14, 2015

Peggy's Cove Jewellery Studio

It was a bit foggy today as we made our way to Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. We were hoping the fog would lift but that didn't happen. We did take lots of photos in spite of the fog and visited all the little shops. I was particularly impressed with Peggy's Cove Jewellery Studio. The jewellery is designed and created on site. I watched as heat was applied to melt gold that was then poured into a mold. Another jeweller was pounding a bracelet with a small hammer to get the correct look to its surface.

In conversation, we learned that each piece of fine jewellery is one-of-a-kind. I was given permission to take a few photos. Have a look:
















Work space



Work in progress
 

Beautiful bracelet!

 
This piece has a new home! Fine silver and ammolite. I love the design.
 

5 comments:

  1. I rarely wear jewelry these days, but I still enjoy visiting the "candy store" - thanks for sharing this one. Lovely snaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the comment. Even at home, I always wear jewellery. It just makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to go there someday. Thanks for helping me find a new place to spend money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jo, it's not hard to spend money especially in such a unique store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more shop that I would love to visit. It would be great fun to see the pretties being created.

    ReplyDelete