Friday, March 20, 2015

Meet and Greet Stitchers From Around the World




Greetings, stitchers! Thank you to Madame Samm from Sew we Stitch, for hosting this hop.

For those of you visiting for the first time, welcome to my part of the world. My name is Judy Cooper. I am a retired primary school teacher who now creates one-of-a-kind textile / fibre art. My complete bio can be found HERE and my artist statement HERE.

Besides having a place to show my original art and some of the techniques I use, I often write about other artist's work and link to their web sites. One of the other things I like to do is find tutorials and patterns for all kinds of textile / fibre art (usually freebies). Since 2009, I have blogged about a lot of interesting 'stuff". Please come back, grab a cup of something and explore my blog. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed! Check out my Garden Sewing Box, Structures and fish.

I am also hosting a giveaway and I will post anywhere in the world! You don't have to be a follower to participate. Just leave a comment on this post. Make sure I can contact you if you win.

Enjoy the blog hop. A list of participants can be found HERE.

Back Yard, combination of applique, hand embroidery and machine stitching

Theodora, hand stitched on silk with single strands of silk threads

Hand embroidery on linen

Combination of applique, hand embroidery and free motion machine stitching

Needlepoint Sampler

















23 comments:

  1. Judy your fibre art is unique as your taste, colourful as a spring day in bloom of course lol, your backyard one looked like a photo...wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talent! Love your "Back Yard" creation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That Back Yard piece is amazing! I will have to come back when I have more time and peruse your blog. Thank you for taking part in the Meet and Greet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pieces of art in your stitchery! I'm always in awe of the people like you who can stitch up such beautiful projects like these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your projects are amazing! I could walk straight into your back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your basket of flowers....you really do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of your projects is absolutely beautiful!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is beautiful. I thought the Back Yard was a photo. That is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful works of Art! Your Backyard is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is beautiful. Your embroidery on linen reminds of a project I completed many years ago. I wonder where it is?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the backyard. At first I thought it was a photograph. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, nice to meet you!
    Back Yard looks like it was painted! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is beautiful - especially the back yard one. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What beautiful needlework projects you have! I love Theodora - she is beautiful :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is an amazing kind of Art! Very creative and fascinating. I love the first picture "Backyard"
    I am happy to find your blog and see such wonderful textile work.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy following your blog on a regular basis . Your embroidery work is so beautiful . Thank you for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work is beautiful and shows what a talented artist you are. I enjoyed meeting you and thank you for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been exploring a few of the blogs on the hop and have found some really interesting work. Of course I discovered you already and am happily following!! At first I thought 'Back Yard' was a photo...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching !!
    I love your needlepoint sampler - great work !!
    Greetings from Germany
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is amazing!Theodora is gorgeous!Being a Greek I admire that one more than everything else!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is beautiful! Hand embroidery on linen is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the variety of the work that you've shown. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete