Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Unusual Fabrics

So much for trying to do a post every day! Sometimes the topic comes in a flash but not the last couple of days. Yesterday was spend becoming more frustrated by the hour in my studio as nothing was working out.

Last evening was a reprieve from the studio as I attended the Eastern Edge Guild May meeting. We had a wonderful presentation by my friend M, about unusual fabrics. She showed several examples and finished projects from her experimenting with Tyvek, TAP - Transfer Artist Paper, and Lutradur.

The second half of the evening was comprised of  rotating among these three stations:
  • Beading in quilted projects
  • Shiva Paint Sticks
  • Fantasy Fabrics (I did this one)
Everyone had a great evening.
I forgot to take photos.

Talking about photos - please have a look at the galleries from the Royal School of Needlework, UK. It's well worth a look!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a very interesting presentation! No wonder you forgot to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guild sounds great. It's nice to get out and be inspired. You may feel behind on your posts but I'm behind on my reading and I don't like to miss anything. I'll definitely be checking out the RSN. Wouldn't it be amazing to take a class there?

    ReplyDelete