Closed, it measures 8" x 12" and when opened, it is 12" x 25". I used Bali Batiks for this project with nylon window screen used for the inside pockets. Some machine embroidery has been added to the pocket edges with variegated embroidery thread. I considered using fabric for the pockets but then I would never know what's inside them. As you can see, the front has been embellished with some of my Fantasy Fish. A magnetic bag clasp keeps it together. I added a length of green Velcro along one fold to hold small things such as a glue stick. The cotton threads are strung on a cord with a plastic toggle which keeps the threads from sliding off. There is a place for most of my small sewing / embroidery gadgets and supplies!
I did post about this same project in 2010. However, this post has more close up photos.
|The back of sewing portfolio with another pocket|
|Nylon window screen is used for inside pockets.|
|Note the clasp on cord to hold small pair of scissors and the |
toggle on the cord beneath the threads,
|The edges of the nylon window screen are embroidered|
|Velcro is used so needle case, pincushion and holder can be removed|
|Fold over pocket|
|Velcro stuck to the glue|