Monday, April 28, 2014

Rock Recipes!

Sunday, May 11 is Mother's Day. In Canada and the United States, it is held on the second Sunday in May. For weeks now, the stores have been advertising all the 'stuff' one can purchase as gifts for this special day. However, I feel it's time to shop locally. Not in the large box stores or department stores, but at a local craft shop or one of the art studios in the area. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

On another note, gifts of food are much appreciated by the older generation, especially if they come from your kitchen!  Have you visited Rock Recipes web site? Barry C. Parsons has spent years developing and adapting recipes in his own Newfoundland kitchen. I have tried some of them and they have been delicious. I like the fact that each recipe is accompanied by a photo. Another point, I don't have to flip through cook books to find something interesting to make. My tablet is right these on the counter with the recipe at my finger tips! Follow them on Pinterest.

For Easter, I made the Pear and Almond Cake with Crème Anglaise. I did not make the sauce because it contains dairy. However, it was delicious without it.
Enjoy!

Rock Recipes -The Best Food & Photos  from my St. John's, Newfoundland Kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has been wanting me to make molasses cookies with raisins but they didn't work well with the recipe I have. When I went to Rock Recipes, there was the perfect recipe for raisin molasses cookies on the home page. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete