Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fabric Flowers

It's suppose to be spring! However, today we had a light sprinkle of snow, then freezing rain and finally rain. Certainly not weather for growing flowers. My poor crocuses! I noticed that one of the houses further up my street set up their Christmas lawn ornaments again - yes, the weather has been that bad.

So, I figure, if the garden isn't up to producing blooms yet, why not make some from fabric.
I found a few ideas to check out.
Here's a small wall hanging I did a number of years ago called Thistles. It's from Fabled Flowers by Kumiko Sudo. I believe this was my first attempt at Sashiko stitching.




1 comment:

  1. Thistles is beautiful. I especially love the way the leaves, are done. I better pour another cup of tea.....I have some links to check out. I suppose if we don't have the weather to grow flowers, the next best thing is to make them.

    ReplyDelete