Monday, February 3, 2014

ACTS is over for another year . . .

Well, the Atlantic Canada Trade Show is over for another year. It was my first time at this particular show and I found it to be a very interesting and informative one. I met a lot of people and saw lots of interesting arts and crafts. Some of the retailers had a very specific agenda and went only to the booths selling the things they were looking for. Others spent time in each booth talking to the vendors. One couple visited me this morning and said they wanted to make a purchase. It was their first time there for the weekend. They saw my shimmers and wearable art pins and had to have them for their shop. Needless to say, I was very pleased as most people look around several times before purchasing.

The ladies at the Newfoundland Labrador booth with me, were a wonderful, fun loving bunch. Everyone was so helpful. One booth holder from Nova Scotia, commented that it looked like we were all having a good time. That was so true!!

I purchased a couple of things and traded several items. I made some sales, passed out a lot of business cards and wholesale catalogues and attended a 2 hour lecture.

A few of us were even interviewed about our work!

All in all, it was a very successful experience. I'm even making plans to attend next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment