Friday, February 8, 2013

Gelatin Printing

I've been printing on fabric using various techniques for years. However, I've never tried gelatin printing. I've thought about making the gelatin base but didn't find the time to make one. However, I was fortunate enough to find a commercial one while on a recent trip to Chicago. Now I have to find some time to try it out. If you would like to experiment with this technique, check out the links below.
Enjoy!
Print Making Without a Press  Linda Germaine has a lot of information on her blog
Gelli Plate Tutorial Lisa is using the same plate that I have.
Gelatin Plate Printing Making the plate
Gelatin Printing with Stencils
Another Tutorial from Penny Dog Patchworks
Mono Printing on Gelatin







 

2 comments:

  1. You have such interesting links, now if there was a place that sold extra hours .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you made any prints? Share them on the flickr page or the gelatin printmaking page on Facebook. Inspire us!

    ReplyDelete