Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Experimenting . . .

While visiting Chicago, I paid a visit to Joanne's Fabrics to have a look around. Some of the fabrics '\ and books were 50% off. I purchased two yards of glittery fabric, a couple of batiks, black and red linen and a ball of yarn. The orange batik has gold designs on one side so is reversible.

The glittery fabric is like a mesh. It can also be ripped into smaller pieces. I always experiment to see if the fabric and yarns can be manipulated into something else. For example, with yarns, I pick the strands apart (especially if there are different weights twisted together) to see what I can do with them. The Angel Hair below, is an excellent example of this. As you can see, the two different yarns can be pulled them apart. The heavier strand can also be separated like wool roving. These fibres will probably find their way into felted pieces or as part of the fantasy fabrics I make.


No comments:

Post a Comment