Saturday, January 19, 2013

Putting on the Glitz!

Don't you just love all the glitzy, sparkly threads, yarns and fabrics available these days! Over the years, I 've managed to collect a lot of different fibres. As you can see, I pulled out a few balls of yarn to make more of the felted Christmas trees that I posted about a couple months ago. I will be travelling for three months this summer, so I want to get as much done as possible during the winter months. Mohair is one of my favorites to work with as it is beautiful to needle felt.

The third photo shows a tangled mess of sparkly balls of glitter yarn. I discovered (by accident) a very simple solution to correcting this. Put each ball in a self closing plastic bag but leave the tail hanging out. Just pull on the tail when a length is needed. I'm still working on that. One thing at a time!



1 comment: