Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nothing Personal . . . and Some Sites to Explore

A great big thank you to everyone who reads my post! When I started this blog in 2009, I made a mental note to keep my personal life private. However, on that note, I'm sure you are wondering what happened to my almost daily posts. On November 16, my 91 year old father had a car accident and has been in hospital ever since. Daily trips to the hospital, moving my mother from a senior's cottage to a level 1 - 2 care facility and getting her settled in as well as trying to have her visit my father as often as she is able, takes all my time. I'm wiped out at the end of the day. I miss posting and hope that will change soon.

In the meantime, here's a few sites to explore:

The Quilting Edge Tutorials
Chez Beeper Bebe
Christmas Tree Skirt
Christmas Table Runner
Christmas Present Quilt
Snowflake Ornament

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Judy - my parents are in their late 80's - not looking forward to this type of chapter in my life - it can be very exhausting - went through it with m-in-law years ago - hope you get some R&R somewhere along the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Judy. Wishing you, your parents and your family well. My mom just turned 88 & is in Ont. Dad passed away almost 2 years ago. So many transitions to get them and yourself thru. Don't forget to take care of yourself! Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's challenging to care for aging parents but especially when things happen unexpectedly. I had to cope with a similar situation years ago and my thoughts are with you. Try to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete