Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Running Stitch

I dropped by The Running Stitch Quilt Shop the other day. It's a quilter's dream with beautiful batiks and cottons, patterns, notions, quilted bags and accessories. I was admiring several of the quilted pieces on display when the sales lady told me that the designer of those quilts, Beth Cameron, was shopping in the store. Of course I couldn't let that opportunity pass by, so I introduced myself.  One of the quilts (actually it's twin), was in this year's Quilt Canada in Nova Scotia. I was drawn to her work because of the bright colours she uses. Check out one of the quilts that caught my eye at the shop HERE (scroll down - it's the one with the colourful sail boats). You can purchase the pattern / kit for the sail boat wall hanging at the shop. Beth is working on her own website and hopes to have it up and running in another few weeks. She hopes to have photo's of her work posted as soon as possible.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy
    The Running Stitch is my favourite haunt! A great fabric/quilting shop. And I live about 5 minutes away. If you are still in the Ottawa area I hope you will get the chance to see my solo exhibition 'Pathways' at the Textile museum in Almonte. Sounds like you are having a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete