There are several tutorials and patterns online just follow the links:
- The Curious Quilter has a basic quilted mug rug tutorial
- Tutorial from Ryan Walsh Quilts
- A stitched one from Hugs From Helen
- Inspiration mug rug photos from Poppy Print (scroll down)
- Quilted mat with pockets from the Sewing Web
- Wool Applique autumn mug mats from DMC threads
- Oval Mug Mat from Crafty Staci
- Mug Mat Ideas using paper piecing but I think applique would work too.
- Tea for Two from Sew Mama Sew
This Mug Rug is the logo for Post Espresso Coffee Shop, 168 Water Stree, St. John's. I made this for my nephew, the owner. Check out the new opening hours. The other small mats were made for Christmas presents.