Sunday, August 7, 2011

Down Under Textiles

I finally got a chance to check my blog list. I'm sure I've missed a lot this past month or two but things are starting to settle down. Life will get back to 'normal' soon (I hope)!

I came across Down Under Textiles, an Australian magazine, launched in 2009. In it are the latest techniques, tools and products; instructions for making projects; colour, design and composition theory as well as galleries of textile art work. Issue one is available online for FREE. I had a quick look through it and was impressed! It just might be my next magazine purchase. Have a look at it here.

3 comments:

  1. I have toyed with getting a subscription to that as well. Do you get Selvedge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy, thank you for your kind words about our exciting Australian magazine! I launched the magazine two years ago. I have just sent issue 6 to the printer.
    From the next issue Erica Spinks will be the new editor, plus there will be four issues a year AND the best news is, everyone can now have a FREE online susbcription to all the back issues and future issues. check out our Facebook or Blog - Down Under Textiles!
    cheers
    deborah - editor-in-chief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy - you know we need a Canadian version so badly!!! Is anyone working on it?
    ~Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete