Thursday, June 24, 2010

Busy Day

This afternoon I took a walk around Wicker Park and Bucktown, Chicago. Needless to say, I am tuckered out and in need of a relaxing evening. Hopefully there will be no thunderstorms tonight. I was in and out of many shops today but made purchases at only two and those were wool shops. First, I left my daughter's and son-in-law's new framing and art gallery (to be officially opened on July 2nd) and walked for ages to get to Nina, a well-knit shop on West Division Street. This is a beautiful store with lots of space as you will see when you visit their site. Before getting to the other knitting place, I explored lots of other shops on the way. The Knitting Workshop is located on N. Damen Avenue. This shop had some of the ribbon yarns I use for my fibre lace scarves so I purchased a couple of colours I don't have as well as a couple of glitzy balls of yarn. You can see two of my scarves to the left. If you are a knitter and are in the area, you will need to visit both these shops!

2 comments:

  1. always enjoy reading your blog, not too 'busy' just enough info and pics to digest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    I hope you got to enjoy a beautiful thursday and friday in Chicago at least before the humidity socks back in for the weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete